The Swedish Private Equity & Venture Capital Association (SVCA) is an independent, not-for-profit industry body for firms and individuals active in the Swedish private equity sector, and includes buyouts, venture capital, business angels, and business angel networks. The Association, which was founded in 1985, seeks to improve how the private equity market in Sweden functions and to increase knowledge and understanding of the private equity market among the general public.
We do this by:
- Actively improving conditions for the Swedish private equity market.
- Monitoring legislative and regulatory policy and acting as a point of contact for stakeholders.
- Acting as a reference body for the private equity sector.
- Disseminating facts and knowledge about private equity’s role in the Swedish economy.
- Encouraging private equity to continue to function healthily in terms of ethics, transparency, and ESG.
- Promoting entrepreneurship and business in collaboration with other organizations.
- Providing meeting places, training courses, and seminars for industry players in collaboration with SVCA partners.
Become a member
The Association offers two types of membership: full and associate.
Full members include General Partners (GP), other fund managers whose funds, (irrespective of type of association), invest in unlisted companies and are active owners either directly or indirectly, their exclusive investment advisers, and Limited Partners (LP), which also includes publicly-owned organizations conducting similar activities.
Associate members have close links to the private equity sector and have advisory roles, such as law or auditing firms or other consultancies, investment banks, business angels or intermediaries between projects seeking capital, and business angels including business angel networks.
Membership of the Association is by application to the board. To apply for membership, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
For further information about SVCA, please see SVCA’s statutes.